LEAK DETECTION & REPAIR SERVICES IN LAS VEGAS
A plumbing leak can have devastating consequences for a homeowner or business. If left unattended, it could lead to major plumbing problems that will end up costing you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in necessary repairs. Mold and mildew will begin to grow in your home or building, which can impact the health and safety of everyone who resides there. Excessive water damage can cause foundation damage and even impact the structural integrity of your building.
There are many causes of household water leaks. Here are eight of the most common reasons you might be experiencing a leak:
- Corrosion of pipe material
- Cracks in fixtures
- Damage to pipe joints
- Untreated drain clogs
- Burst pipes
- Cracked fixture seals
- Poor pipe installation
- Broken pipe connections
A sudden spike in your water usage is usually a good indicator that you have a leak somewhere, and you should have it addressed as soon as possible by working with a leak detection service such as Plumbing Kings.
Signs You Have a Water Leak
Detecting a leak in a plumbing system is crucial for preventing water damage and conserving water. Here are some common signs of a leak:
- Increased Water Bill: A sudden rise in your water bill without a corresponding increase in water usage may indicate a leak.
- Visible Water: Check for pooling water under sinks, around toilets, or near appliances like water heaters or washing machines.
- Water Stains: Look for yellowish or brownish stains on walls, ceilings, or floors, which could indicate leaks behind these surfaces.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Leaks can lead to damp areas, fostering mold and mildew growth, especially in bathrooms, kitchens, or basements.
- Musty Odors: Persistent musty smells could be a sign of hidden leaks promoting mold and mildew.
- Damp or Warped Floors: Leaks beneath flooring can cause dampness, warping, or buckling of floors.
- Decreased Water Pressure: Leaks may result in decreased water pressure at faucets and showerheads.
- Sounds of Running Water: Hearing running water when no fixtures are in use could indicate a leak.
- Visible Corrosion or Rust: Corrosion or rust on pipes, fittings, or fixtures may signal leaks or potential leak areas.
- Sudden Temperature Changes: Unexpected changes in water temperature, especially in hot water, might indicate a leak in the hot water line.
Addressing suspected leaks promptly is crucial to prevent further damage and conserve water. Consulting a professional plumber for inspection and repairs is recommended for accurate diagnosis and resolution of the issue.
“Plumbing Kings was able to come out the same day and fix the issue right away!”- Lauren D.
“I highly recommend them and will call them in the future.”- Phyllis R.
“Steven was the technician who came to my house this morning. He was very knowledgeable.”- Jennifer P.
“We had a wonderful experience using Plumbing Kings”- Rupert K.
“We already have an ongoing list of services that we will be calling him back for in the future! Thank you plumbing kings for coming to rescue us on such short notice!”- Janine J.
“Plumbing Kings did a great job replacing our main water line and irrigation.”- Randy W.
“I highly recommend Plumbing Kings for any and all of your plumbing needs.”- Michelle G.
“Professional and patient with all of my questions. Timely response and cleaned up afterward.”- Sander S.
WATER LEAK DETECTION AND REPAIR
Using specialized leak detection equipment, your plumber will be able to directly pinpoint where the leak is coming from. Many water leaks can be hidden and may go undetected for months until they worsen and result in a plumbing catastrophe. A leak detector will be able to find small leaks coming from fixtures such as:
The water lines to these fixtures aren’t typically visible and can be located under your flooring, behind the walls, or even underground. Regardless of where your leak comes from, the qualified technicians from Plumbing Kings will be able to find it. We’ll then present you with repair options that will offer a rapid solution while being cost-effective. In many cases, leak repairs can be taken care of on the same day, minimizing any inconvenience to you.
We Use State-of-the-Art Leak Detection Equipment
Electronic leak equipment is the best way to determine the source of your leak quickly and accurately. Our plumbing technicians work with professional leak detection equipment, such as electromagnetic pipeline locators and electronic amplification equipment, that allows them to find the exact location of a leak. We may also use infrared cameras, which are able to take close-up pictures of your pipes to better assist in finding those hidden leaks. Once the leak has been identified, you can rely on our highly trained technicians for a prompt repair.