Clogged pipes are a hassle that no homeowner wants to deal with. If you’re suffering from a clogged or blocked pipe, hydro jet plumbing might be your best solution.
Need help with removing clogs from your sewer pipes? Contact Plumbing Kings today for hydro jetting services.
What Is Hydro Jet Plumbing?
Hydro jet plumbing a method that utilizes highly pressurized stream of water to clear a blockage in a pipe. Hydro jetting can also clear out buildup around the interior of a pipe, which can help to prevent further blockages or make them much more difficult to form.
When Do You Need Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is needed whenever a pipe is structurally sound enough for a hydro jet and snaking is incapable of clearing a clog or a blockage. While some tree root blockages can’t be removed by hydro jetting, it is the easiest way to remove most other types.
Hydro Jetting Procedure
If you’re thinking about using hydro jetting for a clog, here’s what a typical procedure looks like:
- Call an experienced plumber: While a layperson can use a hydro jet hose, it’s unwise to hydro jet without getting the pipe in question assessed by a professional.
- Getting the pipe assessed: A hydro jet assessment is usually performed via feeding a camera through a pipe. Once the camera has a view of the clog or block, a plumber will assess the obstruction and determine whether hydro jetting is appropriate.
- Flushing the pipe with a hydro jet: The final step in the hydro jetting procedure is feeding a hydro jet hose down a pipe and flushing the pipe with the pressurized water.
Benefits of Hydro Jetting
Hydro jetting has enormous benefits, including the following:
- Safe: As long as an experienced plumbing professional properly assesses your pipe before hydro jetting, the risk of causing damage to your plumbing is minimal.
- Quick: Hydro jetting is often the quickest way to dislodge a clog or block.
- Long-term benefits: Hydro jetting is like pressure washing a pipe. While the primary purpose of hydro jetting is to clear an obstruction, it also will clean the buildup sticking to your pipe walls. Clean pipes are less likely to clog, so hydro jetting might protect you against future plumbing issues.
How Effective Is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is an incredibly powerful plumbing tool. Hydro jet hoses are capable of shooting water at a high enough PSI to dislodge almost any clog and even some blocks.
Hydro Jetting vs. Snaking
Snaking is an old school plumbing method. Snaking is a gentle method of unclogging a pipe, which is useful for older or structurally compromised pipes. While snaking is often sufficient for unclogging a drain, it will not fully clear your pipe. Snaking a pipe is cheaper than hydro jetting, so if the cost is your primary concern, you should speak to your plumber about whether snaking is a suitable option.
Hydro jetting blasts through clogs and cleans your pipes while doing it. While most modern pipes are built to withstand hydro jetting, older pipes lack the structural integrity to withstand a hydro jet. As long as your pipe can handle a hydro jet, it is probably your best bet.
Can Hydro Jetting Damage Pipes?
The short answer to the question of whether o nor hydro jetting can damage your pipes is “it depends.” If you have a structurally sound modern pipe, then hydro jetting is perfectly safe with one caveat. Severe blocks, coupled with a hydro jet, can spell disaster for your pipe. If you’re suffering from an extreme block, like a full tree root block, when the highly pressurized water hits the obstruction, it can deflect into and through your pipe.
Because severe blockages are incompatible with a hydro jet, it is critically important to hire an experienced plumbing professional to assess your pipe before hydro jetting.
Does Hydrojetting Work on Roots?
Hydro jetting can clear many root blocks, but again, this will depend on several factors. Whether pressurized water is sufficient to remove a particular root block is dependent upon the severity of the block and the structural integrity of the pipe.
What Does Hydro Jetting Cost?
A typical residential hydro jetting job ordinarily costs between $300-$600. However, this price can increase dramatically in the event of severe clogs, with prices approaching or exceeding $1,000.
Hydro jet plumbing is a modern way to deal with clogs and blocks. While plumbing issues are always a hassle, hydro jetting is a quick, easy, and affordable solution. If you live in the Henderson or Las and are suffering from plumbing issues, call Plumbing Kings. Plumbing Kings are experienced and dedicated to solving your plumbing problems quickly.